Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We Have All We Need In Jesus

Rich or poor, God I love you more

Than anything that glitters in this world

Be my all, all consuming fire

Cause we have all we need in you

All we need is you

All we need is you

We have sung the above praise and worship song a couple of times in recent weeks at our church, and it moves me to tears every time.  I love the simple truth that is portrayed in the chorus, especially during this season of my life.  You see, my husband and I are now approaching 19 months of waiting for the referral of our daughter from Ethiopia.  No one could have predicted the dramatic change that has taken place in recent months, but I know that God has called us to this and therefore, He will see us through this. 

It is so easy to let my desire to know who our daughter is and our adoption in general, consume my thoughts on a daily basis.  We have already developed a deep love for this precious girl that I can’t even put into words; however, I know this pales in comparison to the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  If we are seeking after Him, He wants to give us the desires of our hearts, but it has to be done in His perfect timing.  I take comfort in knowing that He can see the big picture when my perspective is so limited. 

We have so many unknowns that lay ahead of us as we continue this amazing journey God has us on; however, I pray that I can give my complete and total control to Jesus.  I pray this because I know without a doubt that Jesus is the only place I will find peace and contentment.  “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”(John 14:27)

If any of you are at a place in your fostering or adoption journeys where you sense fear or worry creeping in,  I pray that you will turn to Jesus.  As I read in a daily devotional recently, Jesus is there to outsource your anxiety.  Slow down, look up, trust Him, and watch Him create extraordinary results.  This is the only place where your thirsty soul can always drink and be satisfied. May you find sweet rest for your souls as you give the circumstances of your life over to the one that gave His perfect life for us.  After all, He is truly all you need.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

1 comment: