Thursday, September 1, 2011

Friendships

My family and I have been blessed to be part of a community where adoptive families are plentiful. I can’t imagine what it would be like to not have the precious friendships I have with other mothers that share in my love for adoption. It has truly been a blessing in not only my life but my children’s lives as well. My children will have the opportunity to experience life with other adoptive children that share a common bond that can only be understood by each other. My four year old loves to talk of her adoption story and many times will ask for us to name all the children she knows that also have adoption stories. We are close friends with several adoptive families and she loves being with all the children. Even though she doesn’t fully understand the reality of adoption and this understanding will constantly evolve with each level of development, she does understand that her story is different than some but in our wonderful community, shared by many! I encourage those of you that are not involved with other adoptive families to seek them out. These relationships and the insights you learn from them are priceless!

Contact events@the127call.org for information about our upcoming adoptive family fellowship to be held on Saturday October 1st at the MTSU football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment